Towns are bustling bastions of civilization that provides the weary hero with much-needed respite from the difficult life of adventuring. As the major landmarks of Godville, they are the most visited geographical locations and often have large populations consisting mostly of traders, thieves (which really come under the traders category), doctors, priests and other heroes.
Some towns are better than others and some may even be considered great tourist attractions. Heroes take time to relax in these often very social places, and to prepare themselves for the next phase in their current quest. Think of them as the hero's pit-stop and you can't go wrong. Each town is located at a certain Milestone.
These are the things heroes may choose to do when they visit the towns:
- Sell the contents of their inventory for Gold.
- Buy Equipment using Gold.
- Resurrection occurs at the last town visited.
- Replenish their health either by sitting under a tree and resting, visiting a doctor or in more extreme cases, being admitted to hospital.
- Spend large amounts of Gold having a good time at Pubs, Taverns and at the concerts of their favorite Bands.
- Try to find a date and continually get rejected, often with negative effects for their health.
- Get robbed, resulting in loss of Gold.
- Only in Godville. Get assigned a new quest when the current one is complete.
- Only in Godville. Able to build more of their Temple if a golden brick have been gained since they last visited the town.